Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

I have been making sensible choices for my readings so far, I think.  Since I don’t live on or near campus, reading the hardcopies of the books in the Bizzell library isn’t exactly a practical decision.  I have enjoyed all of the readings, although they do start to ramble on at some point.  With the Ramayana it was the dragged out ending and the Mahabharata had the seriously dragged out war description.  I think my favorite was the first half of the reading about Krishna and his life.

My reading notes are not exactly like they are supposed to be, mostly because I start writing my story as I’m reading.  I get a good idea and I want to act on it immediately.  Taking little notes doesn’t work for me because I forget the guts of my idea and just remember a brief overview.  However, my style works for me because it helped me remember which sections I wanted to return to for my storybook writings.


I have been proud of my stories so far and have really enjoyed writing them.  It lets me get some creativity out during the week, which I really appreciate.  Even though it is an assigned ‘art’ project, it still forces me to get the creative juices flowing. It gives my brain a bit of a break during the week.  I love writing my stories, and I really love writing my storybook. I’m looking forward to the rest of the semester and to discovering some more stories to read and turn around into a new creation. 

Highland Coo. Personal Photo, March 2016

This image may not seem like it relates to the writing process, but it's the background on my computer desktop, so obviously it does.  I write on my computer. He's on my computer.  It's related!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment