Monday, October 24, 2016

Reading Notes: Cox's Tales of Ancient India, Section A

This week, I chose to read another version of the story of Krishna, the reincarnation of Vishnu that we met in the Mahabharata. 


I thought it might be fun to write part of this story from the eyes of one of the villagers.  Constant struggle and destruction is brought to their village because of the young Krishna, which results in the deaths of some of their children and the destruction of their homes.  Who wouldn’t be frustrated and want to banish the family that hosts this child?


I’m hoping to try to work this week’s reading into my storybook.  I’m trying to think of a way to use Krishna, but he seems so much stronger and independent than my other characters so it may be a little more difficult to fit John into the story.  And possibly Charlotte.   I could also write about how Krishna and Rukmini became wed. 

Bibliography: Tales of Ancient India by Edmund Cox (1887), Hathi Trust

Image Info: Krishna eating butter. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment