Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Reading Notes: Kincaid's Krishna of Dwarka, Section B

I really enjoyed the second half of Kincaid’s version of Krishna’s life.  It held my interest and even started me thinking that parts of it could be retold in my storybook.  I really liked getting a better idea of who Krishna was supposed to be and to read about his adventures. It does seem reminiscent of the Ramayana and Mahabharata in many ways, but I suppose it is another retelling of the incarnation of Vishnu on earth.  I’m really looking forward to getting into some fun new stories now.  I enjoyed these, but I’m excited to start something new next week.  I need to find another juicy story to retell in my storybook!  

I actually wrote my story while reading this week so I didn't really see any reason to do real reading notes.  Kind of defeats the purpose if you have already written the story!


Image Info: Krishna marries Jambavati. Source: Indian Epics

Bibliography: 
Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories by C. A. Kincaid (1920), Indian Epics

No comments:

Post a Comment