Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Reading Notes: Cox's Tales of Ancient India, Section B

I didn’t exactly love the second half of this week’s reading.  It was rather slow and a little dull, although the content itself was interesting.  This half of Cox’s Tales of Ancient India discussed the gods and their beginnings, more or less.  I was relatively unamused with most of it, although I did think of an interesting way to work one of the gods into my storybook.  I kind of wanted to work Kali into my storybook and have her and Charlotte work together in some way.  I think it could be very entertaining to see those two together with John and Shiva watching from the sidelines.  Maybe I can have Charlotte aid Kali in her battle, although in this reading she goes by the name Uma.



I think I might also work John into the story of how Ganesh ends up with the head of an elephant.  It seems like the type of solution that he would come up with, considering he probably wouldn’t believe that just replacing the head would bring a being back to life, so who cares what head they bring back!

Bibliography: Tales of Ancient India by Edmund Cox (1887), Hathi Trust

Image Info: Ganesh. Source: Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment