Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Reading Notes: PDE Section D

This section definitely did not go as I had thought it would.  I figured that Rama would rescue Sita and then they would do something that would cause them to return to their godhoods.  I definitely did not think that Rama would banish Sita for infidelity even after she had proved herself pure.  He followed the will of his people, even when they were truly wrong, without giving Sita a chance to prove herself to them. 


I did enjoy the battle story, although I think seeing into the minds of some of the characters would have helped a little.  It gets a little dry when you are reading the story of the battle and you’re told there is dialogue happening but not what the actual words are.  I enjoyed the twist of the ending and this section overall.  It was probably my favorite section of the Ramayana! 


Bibliography: Public Domain Ramayana, link to online source. 

Image Info: Rama and Brahma. Source: PDE Ramayana

No comments:

Post a Comment