Sunday, September 25, 2016

Reading Notes: PDE Mahabharata, Section C

Well, Draupadi used to be one of my favorite characters.  Now, she’s just annoying.  I know that she lost everything that knew due to one of her husband’s losing a gamble, but come on.  Who cares about her ivory chairs and luxurious beds? The men surrounding her have lived through worse and she’s just lamenting about how bad her life suddenly is.  I agree on the point of her husbands not coming to her defense, but still.  She’s really annoying in the beginning of this section.

You’d think the wife of five men who are the sons of gods would manage to get into a little less trouble.  She was gambled away at the start of the section and now she’s been claimed by another prince. Between her and the problems caused by the Kauravas, the Pandavas will never find a moment’s peace!

I think it could be fun to use the scene from Krishna’s Mission in my storybook.  I can just picture how Charlotte’s husband will react to seeing Vishnu in the All-Form.  I should really give him a name though.  I can’t just keep calling him Charlotte’s husband.


There are several other scenes throughout this section of the epic that I could possibly rewrite for my storybook.  The hardest part is figuring out how to fit my character in without completely destroying the original theme of the story. 


Bibliography: Public Domain Mahabharata, link to source.

Image Info: Draupadi and Mahabharata. Souce: Indian Epics

No comments:

Post a Comment