Sunday, August 21, 2016

Storybook Favorites: Epic Edition

The first project that peaked my interest was Fairytale Case Files: India.  I’m pretty sure that I have looked at the Myth and Folklore version of this project before.  I think the set up for the storybook was really well done, especially with referencing the other storybook and including a link to one of the previous stories.  The Introduction itself was fantastic.  I loved how it made the connection to the previous storybook without requiring you to read the other one.  I also liked how it was set in the Enchanted Forest and referenced India as a foreign, mysterious land. The design of the storybook is great, with the darker background and white text. 

The next project that I found was Enchanted Museum.  It kind of reminds me of one that I read in the Myth and Folklore class, although that one was filled with mythical birds.  I really like that it uses the Night at the Museum idea.  I would never have thought of using that as a way to retell some of the Indian Epics, but it works really well.  The overall design is nice too, although some of the text is a bit hard to read due to the color.  I like the idea of using different colors for the Indian tales, but some of them are just a little hard on the eyes.

Finally, I found the CSI: Indian Epics storybook.  I love the idea of continuing the theme from a previous class, which is what I would like to try to do.  The design for this storybook is really cool, especially since it’s set up as a modern journal for a CSI agent.  The yellow notebook paper lends the right feel to the storybook.  I personally think that the introduction is a little lacking, but I like the idea of this storybook. 



 (Image Information: These are their stories... Source: Thought Catalog)
Image from CSI: Indian Epics Introduction. Source: CSI: Indian Epics

No comments:

Post a Comment