Saturday, August 20, 2016

My New Favorite Place

Before this year, if you had asked me where my favorite place was, I would have told you that anywhere by a pool was my favorite place to be.  However, after spending a semester studying in Italy, I have a new favorite place.  Scotland!  I know, you probably thought I was going to say somewhere in Italy, but no.  I actually spent several days in Scotland over my spring break, travelling through the Highlands to the Isle of Skye.  I loved everything about Scotland: the people, the scenery, the food, just everything.  Not to mention, unlike Italy, my red hair didn’t make me stand out like a sore thumb in Scotland.  I travelled alone and it was honestly my favorite part of my time abroad.  It’s just such an amazing place!

Scottish Bridge. Source: Pixabay

1 comment:

  1. Michaela, your blog looks so nice, and the way that dark theme resonates with this image in particular is beautiful! I never got a chance to go to Scotland, but that is one of the places that my husband would like to visit also, so I have not yet given up hope that we might make it there!

    In terms of Celtic connections to India, here's a character to think about: the amazing woman who took the name Sister Nivedita. She was born Margaret Elizabeth Noble in Ireland in 1867, and she became a convert to Hinduism when she met the remarkable man known as Swami Vivekananda, one of the first sages of India to bring a knowledge of India (including yoga) to the West. You can find out more about her here: Sister Nivedita. She was a wonderful writer and I have used several of her books for this class, so you will probably encounter her in the readings for the class this semester, and you can ponder her Celtic-Indian life journey!

    ReplyDelete