Saturday, August 27, 2016

Growth Mindset

I have heard of Growth Mindset in several of my classes and try to remember it whenever I am struggling with a lesson or project.  School usually comes pretty easily for me, so it was a little hard for me to wrap my head around the idea.  However, I never thought that I was a person who could just pack up and leave my family to travel to a foreign country without a serious case of homesickness, but I did! I even spent spring break travelling through London and Scotland alone with just a map and a really poor sense of direction, but I figured it out pretty quick! I won’t say anyone can learn how to do anything, but in most things, if you set your mind to it, you can accomplish it in one way or another.  Not everyone does things the same way either, so that’s something to remember too. 


Since this is my senior year at OU, I’ve got some harder classes this semester, such as my Communication Capstone.  We have to come up with and carry out some sort of research project over the course of the semester with minimal guidance, which is a little scary to me.  I’ve never been one to go to the professor when I need help, so I’m going to have to get over that.  I need to learn how to ask for help!

Image Info: Growth Mindset Meme. Source: Growth Mindset Memes.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michaela! I have already commented on your intro so I went looking around for something else. I am actually looking into studying abroad in the UK next year but I can't decide which area specifically. Where did you go that you enjoyed the most? I've already studied abroad so I'm not too nervous about traveling but it'll be my first time alone so, if you can do it with just a map, I feel a little more comfortable with my decision haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Scotland. I did a three day tour staring in Edinburgh and going up through the highlands. It was probably my favorite part of my entire time abroad. I also spent part of a week in London, which I also really enjoyed. I actually stayed about an hour outside of London in Henley upon Thames, which I would definitely recommend. It was nice having easy access to the city without actually being IN London. AND I spent a weekend in Dublin, which was cool, but definitely not my favorite. What cities are you looking at? And if you walk with a purpose and fake it til you make it, London is super easy to get around. Not to mention, they have super helpful signs everywhere.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete